What a joy to hear our Symphony with such an incomparable talent as Yuja Wang. It was truly breathtaking!
At this weekend's concerts, I announced that a group of past and present Board Members have generously agreed to match all donations made to the Symphony up to $16,500.
You can donate anytime till Tuesday at midnight to qualify for the match and double your impact!
In case the match is not incentive enough, I'd like to share my
Top 10 Reasons To Donate To Our Symphony.
1. We have Danny. (And his hair.)
2. You don't have to drive to San Francisco or fly to New York to hear truly world class soloists when we have them right here in our community.
3. You get to experience soloists like Yuja live instead of on YouTube.
4. You can come to these amazing concerts dressed to the nines or in your jeans.
5. Making these concerts accessible to our community is important to us. Without your donations, tickets would cost anywhere from $100 to $150.
6. Every concert provides jobs for 60-100 people in our community.
7. Your donations help to pay for all those whiz-bang things that go whirr in the night. (Our percussion section thanks you!)
8. Many of us played an instrument at some point in our lives, so we can appreciate the effort it takes for these musicians to become so accomplished.
9. Government funding for the Arts is becoming more precarious, which means we will have to depend more on you, our local community, to keep our orchestra alive and healthy.
10. Many of you or your kids have attended one of our Youth Concerts. Those concerts and the rest of our music education programs are funded 100% through donations.
You may have your own reason why you would like to donate to the Symphony. Music feeds the soul. Having a local Symphony gives all of us a chance to unplug from the world and forget all about the craziness happening outside through the experience of listening to live music and the artistry of our wonderful soloists and musicians.
Executive Director, Santa Cruz Symphony